Saturday, September 26, 2009

What makes a person important?

I think everyone has a different answer to this question. Some people will say that money and possessions make them important. But I would answer that money and property do not determine their importance. I'm an idealistic person who values intellectual wealth more than material. In my opinion, a person's contribution to the society, in which he or she lives, makes a person more important than anything else. Were Albert Einstein, Thomas Edison and other prominent people wealthy and rich? No they were not, but we still remember them and their contributions to our society. Their inventions and theories helped to promote the world and made them important and famous. Also, the knowledge and experiences of a person play an important role in determining his or her importance and contribution to society . They make a person feel important to society. For example, our professors, who are teaching to thousands of students, are respected by their students and important to them . Doctors and nurses, who are saving lives of millions of people, are essential to their patients. I think money and things that people own are just their rewards for contributing to society with knowledge and education. Your importance and the rewards you receive depends on how much you will contribute to society.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jay,
    I enjoyed reading your blog. I agree with you that money doesn't determine people's importance. I think the contribution to the society is important, too.
    -Minori
    -Minori

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'm an idealistic person who values intellectual wealth more than material goods." Excellent use of words!! And here are some more, "I highly value people with broad knowledge and experience. I always learn something new and important from them. In this way they contribute to me."

    ReplyDelete
  3. significant people are those who add value and enact positive changes in their communities

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete