Friday, September 18, 2009

Average Mongolian person and his/her beliefs

I think it is difficult to make generalizations about people of any country in the world. Because we, people all over the world, are different from each other as individuals, and have our own various personalities and beliefs. But there are still some values and beliefs, which are inherent to only people of certain countries.
For people of my country, Mongolia, we have something that ties us together as a nation and makes us feel proud of being Mongolian. The harsh climate of our country teaches Mongolians to be patient in any difficulty. Because of our nomadic way of life we are fond of travelling and love the beauty of nature. Also, Mongolians have the ability to adapt and live in different places and conditions. The average Mongolian person believes that luck and success come to a person who works and studies hard. We believe that dreams come true if you are thinking about your future and doing your best to achieve your goals. Most of us are patriots and ready give up everything for our native land. The average Mongolian respects their history, family and friendship. As the Mongolian proverb goes “Treat your guests with what you have," in our country people are hospitable and friendly to their guests.
In my opinion, the most distinctive characteristic of male Mongolians is that some of them wrestle and others are fond of watching our traditional wrestling, and probably all of them can ride a horse.

4 comments:

  1. A good pic!I can feel that the Mongolians are hospitable and forthright! What's more, they like wrestling and riding horses! Your country's culture really attacks me a lot.If I have a chance, I will go to Mongolia and ride a horse on the meadow! So cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When it refers to Mongolian, the images of wide dessert and grassland come into my mind. Do you usually ride horses? Or do you ride horses only on special occasions? I suppose that in city maybe you don't have the opportunties to do that. I once rode a horse in Beijing. I love the feeling of riding on the back of horse because you can get a brand new vista! Hope for your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jay!

    Why do you think that probably all male Mongolians can ride a horse?
    I do not really know a lot about your country, but what me surprised is that you had visited a Russian school. Can you tell me why you especially went to a Russian school? Is the education in Russian schools better than in Mongolian ones?
    Another question I am interested in is if you also have gender equality in Mongolia? Do women have the same rights as men?

    I wish you a fabulous weekend, even though raininess.

    - Domenica

    ReplyDelete