Saturday, September 5, 2009

Comparisons and contrasts between UWEC students and students in Mongolia


However I’m a freshmen at UWEC, I’m familiar with students’ life. In my home country, Mongolia, I studied at the university for one year. But there are some differences between students of UWEC and Mongolian students.
When I came to UWEC and saw the life of American students with my own eyes, I was strongly impressed. Students of UWEC are helpful and nice to people. They are also respectful to each other and to their professors. In addition, they take part in many social works and most of them are members of different clubs. In comparison with Mongolian students, who study and learn individually; there are many social activities and group works in classes at UWEC, so students cooperate with others and feel their responsibilities in a team. In my opinion, students in Mongolia are more worried about their studying and grades, but for students at UWEC it is important to be a part of university’s community. Finally, most of UWEC students are sportsmen and do different sports, which is difficult to see in Mongolia.
That is what I observed during the first week in EC

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, I strongly agree with you. There are so many events here. To us, what we can do is to enjoy it. Still remember the night when we meet each other at the back of the KT Hall. An awesome dancing party, right?
    Have fun together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So did Chinese students.Most of Chinese students pay much attention on their study and grade...and ignore some meaningful things. And we can experience many more asesome events in UWEC. Just like you said, there are so many clubs and acitivities. When we join in them, it's really funny and you can make friends with different people.
    Have a wonderful time in UWEC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!!! Haha...I'm also sure you will have fun in Eau Claire and become proficient in English. Keep moving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jay, I like your blog. By the way, I noticed about the same differences between US and Austrian students. Austrian students work individually too and they don´t take place in so many different orangisations and clubs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really made the American students sound impressive. I'm glad to hear about what you observed!

    ReplyDelete