Thursday, October 8, 2009

Would you have a gun? Why or why not?

I have never thought about this issue before. I haven't any guns and weapons in my house and I am not going to keep a gun in the future. In my country it is not common for people to keep guns in their houses. Actually, there are not so many guns in the market of Mongolia to purchase by householders. So the price of a gun is very high and it is not available to everyone. Also there is a strict law controlling guns' sales in Mongolia and to keep gun in your house you will face many requirements. For me, our family is not interested in hunting and gun shooting at all. My grandfather used to work in the military hospital of Mongolia and to have a gun, but now he is retired and gave back to the military his gun. I think I can't live quietly in a house with weapons and it is dangerous for little children, who don't know the danger of a gun. I'm proponent of restricting sales of gun, but I'm also considered about the consequences of restriction. If the law prohibits sales of a gun, illegal business of gun sales will increase and guns will be purchased by bandits and burglars more often. So government should discuss this problem carefully thinking about its consequences.

5 comments:

  1. Hi
    I think the burglars will buy the guns in all casses,either the law prohibited its sale or allowed that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jay!

    I also have never thought about this issue before, but it's a really controversial topic and I agree with your statement that people always can find a way to get guns, no matter which laws are enacted.
    Anyway, I don't think that the American convenient handling of guns is the right way as we can see in the American history of rampages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your opinion is unique! I have never thought that guns have some relations with economy! And I truly agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jay,
    I agree with you. The owning of a gun at home is dangerous. In Austria there are also strict rules about holding a gun at home, and I think it is a very good law.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jay,

    In Austria it is the same, the majority has no gun at home and there are a lot of laws. Of course there are always a way to get guns, but I think a restriction of gun possession in America would not be amiss.

    ReplyDelete